Find out more
We want children to experience a vibrant, purposeful, and challenging curriculum. The following matrices and policies give a taster of the "Greenmount Way" and describe the vision behind our teaching. We follow the National Curriculum and EYFS curriculum where necessary but also have innovative features of our own:
- Brain Gym which helps children focus
- Homework clubs, led by class teachers which boost understanding and extend the school day
- Weekly "learning logs" which review the learning that has taken place
- Extensive outdoor learning with lots of visits and visitors
- An emphasis on oracy with teachers dipping into their oracy boxes for grammar and talking ideas
- Booster session which increase learning opportunities and happen in the Easter and summer holidays
Children will be fully engaged if:
- Their classroom is fully prepared with activities, prompts and artefacts
- They have lots of opportunities to talk and explain their learning
- Individual learning plans are in place
- Their lessons are interactive as well as inspirational
- They meet the best role models
- They see parents and teachers working together
- They get the best feedback possible about their schoolwork
- When we "praise loudly & blame softly"
Assessment without Levels:
Click the icon below to view details about understanding curriculum levels.
After School Clubs:
Click the icon below to view the weekly after school clubs.